It might feel like your client experience starts when the contract is signed, but it really starts right here on your homepage! Just like the name, think of this as welcoming someone into your “home.” Whether they found you on Google or came here from social media, this is your place to make people feel welcome, comfortable, and understood – and of course to show off your beautiful work!
On a strategic level, the homepage is also your chance to encourage them to take a next step, whether that’s inquiring, learning more about your offerings, signing up for your email list, or even realizing they might not be the right fit as a client.
If that sounds intimidating, it doesn’t have to be! Don’t feel boxed in by what’s included here, but if you’re struggling to start writing your homepage copy, this guide is here to help you through the process.
A few tips to keep in mind:
- Before you start, take some time to jot down, or at least think through the following:
- What you do/what services you offer?
- Who do you offer them to? Get specific.
- What type of clients do you vibe with?
- What type of clients do you LOVE to work with?
- What are their needs, dreams, and hobbies?
- How do they talk?
- What’s your “onlyness” factor?
- What do you bring to the table that they’ll only get by working with you?
- Read through a few of your testimonials or feedback from clients. What do they rave about? How comfortable they felt? Your attention to little details? The emotions you captured? The way you play with light? Look for patterns in the kinds of things your clients are saying.
- What sets your work and client experience apart from the photos they’re taking on their iPhone?
- Make it clear what you do and for whom you do it. When in doubt, clear is better than clever.
- Keep the focus on them – how they would describe themselves, their desires, the outcomes they’re hoping for. Think “why” not “I.”
- Get them in their feels – help them feel what it will be like to work together.
Now if you are ready to write your homepage copy with ease, look no further. You can download our free homepage copywriting guide below: