Where ever your work takes you your website should feel like home. A home that openly welcomes your dream clients into your creative wonderland.
And here are 7 ways you can set your homepage up for success:
1. STATE THE OBVIOUS. Clearly state what you do, who you do it for and where you are located — this allows your dream clients to easily align with you in a matter of seconds and removes any guess work. Clear is better than clever.
2. INTRODUCE YOURSELF. Think of this as an opportunity to meet your new “bestie.” Welcome your people in a way that feels natural and aligned with you and your brand. Consider the tone you want to strike – friendly? Familiar? Dreamy? Punchy? — Intro paragraph — expand on the way you want your clients to feel when they work with you. This is a great way to share your differentiator and what they can expect when they choose you.
3. SHARE YOUR SERVICES. We recommend 3 options — the rule of 3’s suggests that things arranged in odd numbers are more appealing, memorable, and effective than even-numbered groupings. From here add a call to action so people can either get more info on each offering or go directly to sending you an inquiry.
4. TESTIMONIALS ARE EVERYTHING. Because they are social proof that people have had a great experience with your product/service. 92% of people will trust a recommendation from a peer, and 70% will trust a recommendation from a complete stranger. In other words, your testimonials can make a huge difference.
5. FEATURED BLOGS. Seeing your work front and center allows your dream clients to envision themselves creating magic with you in the most desirable places. Lead people to your portfolio or blog with a heading that helps them understand what they’ll see there. This is also a great place to increase your SEO (search engine optimization)
6. GROW THAT EMAIL LIST BABY. This is the perfect spot to invite your people to your email party with a freebie or subscribe opt-in. Let them know the benefits of signing up or what kind of content they can expect to get in their inbox. Want more info on how to cultivate and grow your email list then you’ll love this blog post too. We are obsessed with Flodesk and we think you’re going to love it too. Be sure to use code: SEVENTHMADE and enjoy 50% off.
7. PUT YOUR FOOTER TO WORK. The footer is a great space to put a very short bio about your business. Think of this as your elevator pitch – short, sweet, and packed with a punch. It’s also a good place to incorporate any keywords your clients would search on Google.
Imagine your ideal client landing on your website and immediately knowing that they’re in the right place, that this is their person. Shop our easy to use website templates here. Whether you’re looking for another set of eyes to fine tune your website OR if you want a professional to completely customize your template — we’re here for you.